London

Oct 30, 2013
Traveling with babies it´s a lot of fun and a lot of worries. I think that for a great getaway is important to have luck and your baby to be very calm. In other case you will have a really bad experience. I can firmly say that we are very lucky with my husband, just because Damian was very quiet... I would say very unusual quiet. He was sleeping, eating and sleeping what helped us to take advantage of the time passed there. As well you have to be very lucky if you want that in October to be sunny (as it was) and not rainy (as was promised)... so what can be better that lovely child, lovely weather and your love with you.
I wouldn´t say that it is very easy to travel with babies, I think that it is really hard, but you have to be patient and all will be ok.
FLIGHT I was afraid about the flight, because it is Damian´s second time when he is flying and first time he was crying in the plane, it was very difficult to calm down (he was 2,5 months).Now for my surprise he was very calm, he was sleeping all way from Barcelona to London(this told me dad). In any case if you are traveling with your baby, as a tip, you have to give him a pacifier or caramel during landing, it helps to his ears and he is not noticing the pressure at the landing.
HOTEL I booked a double room (not triple) at www.lastminute.com and I didn´t mentioned that we need a cot, but when we arrived they kindly proposed a cot for us and boiled water for preparing Damian´s food. Our stay at Danubius Regents Park was perfect, quality service of personal helped us to have a lovely stay there. Damian was sleeping when we get to the hotel and we just went to sleep, because we were very tired.
LONDON As we were with Damian I was thinking a lot how to manage to see London and the best of it. Underground is an option to get faster where you need, but it is not the perfect way in case you have a pushchair and a baby. After weeks of searching of any options, I decided that we will go just to Big Ben and to Buckingham Palace, and rest of the time just strolling near the hotel. In the last days I found a really great price for Sightseeing Tour Bus that includes in price of one ticket 2 days of City Tour and a round way ticket on the River Thames. Just great! I bought it for us (babies are free of charge) and we´ve seen all the city in 2 days and spent lovely the time on Thames Tour.
EAT. As I mentioned previously on other posts, I begun to work and now I give him breast on the night and during the day dad gave him bottle. In London we were buying (if we were not in the hotel) boiled water and preparing the food. We had termos with us, and this helped us to mantain the water at the same temperature much more time.
DRESS. Damian was dressed more than enough I think, but I was calm and sure that all is ok. He wasn´t complaining :)
WAY BACK. He was crying when we went back to Barcelona, but it is normal, he was tired and it was the first time in 2 days. Don´t worry, babies need to cry sometimes.
In any case, for a perfect journey you need :
- a happy baby - good weather - pushchair - a lot of pampers - food - clothes - good mood :)
And as promised, pictures:












No comments:

Post a Comment