Bath time, BABY

Oct 2, 2013
Dear friend, today I want to share with you one of the most important moment of the day for our baby - BATHING. It might be that you already know all the tips that I will give you, and you think that you are doing better, please don´t hesitate to leave a comment of your success story.

I don´t know how it is in your case, but this activity we are doing together with our lovely daddy. We think that it is very important to do bath or other activities together because in such case the child can feel our love and be much closer to both of us.

Steps to prepare the bath:

1. I prepare chamomile tea (you can use as well lavender tea or any bath foam). Your question is why am I using this? Chamomile tea helps that baby skin to be clear and prevent that any red points to appear on its finest skin. Lavender tea, I have never used it, but I have read that it helps baby to sleep better.



As well you can use bath foam, it doesn´t matter... which you like more... and of course you can use just pure water.


2. At the same time daddy is preparing the water. Perfect temperature for this is 37-38 C degrees. You can measure with special termometer or in case you don´t have it, you can easily measure it with your elbow. In case that for your elbow the water appears good, so you have the perfect water for your child.




3. I prepare all the stuff that we need during the bath and after. These are: shampoo, towel, diaper, pajama and body lotion or cream for massage (about this I will tell you on the next post)





So, almost done. The water is ready... the baby is ready...and very happy, because if you are doing the bath each day at the same time, he already knows what is expecting him.


Bath time... I was reading many comments about how it is better to do a bath for a child. To begin with the hair or to finish with the hair, I tried both methods and can firmly tell you that there is no difference in baby´s behaviour. But,it is VERY IMPORTANT that in his ears won´t step the water, just because your baby can take easily a cold.

After the bath EVERY TIME I´m doing a massage for all his body, because in such case his body is relaxing and he sleeps well... and now is the time of pajama and dinner.

I hope you enjoyed the time reading this post, and then the time bathing your baby!

2 comments:

  1. First of all I would like to tell that it is great that such a blog was created in the cyber community! It's interesting to share feelings and suggestions about our babies! Now telling about the bath: besides using chamomile for bath, I also use celandine (I hope I translated correctly for dentiță). It is also good for different kind of allergy reactions and for curing the skin of the baby. One of the mistakes that I made with my first baby is that I was combining chamomile and celandine. So don't make it! Because you may provoke an allergy reaction! I didn't use lavender for bathing, but I heard that some mothers use the lavender oil, that it makes miracles with dry skin of the baby. You can put it directly in the water or massage it after bath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very useful information Kate!!! Thanks a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete