Nursing - breast or bottle ?

Oct 8, 2013
Today, dear reader, I want to share my experience with bottlefeeding, as well the way to prepare it.

I know that breast milk is the better choice and nothing can compare with it, but in my case I need to give nursing bottle. Next Monday my maternity leave is being finished, so I have to prepare Damian and daddy for this big change.

I´ve begun to give him nursing bottle 2 weeks ago, the idea was to try how it works and if my baby will eat this kind of milk. I was really afraid that he won´t take my breast anymore, but for my big surprise my breast he loves more :D. So for the first time he took the bottle, have eaten almost 100ml, and then all the night he was crying. How do you think?... the next day and few days later he didn´t take anymore the bottle, even with water. I was trying with different types of bottle nipples and different bottles and no way. I thought that maybe the problem is in milk (it can be, because neither I can drink this milk), I bought other type of milk, he took as well the first bottle (a few days later without showing him any bottle). I breathed relieved and thought that all is ok... nope, neither this time... and here I realized how much he loves me.

Now we are in the third week of trying and last time when he was hungry he took the bottle... I´m happy.

Preparing the nursing bottle.


1. Sterilize the bottle. Our days are a lot of sterilisers that will ease this work, you can buy these in any baby shop. I prefer to use the old method, hot water. I put all the bottles and nipples in a receipent with water and wait till the water is boiling and I leave it for some minutes.




2. Boiled water. I need 45C degrees water, I boil it first and then let it get colder to the temperature that I need. Each brand write the temperature that is needed for its formula.





3. Add formula. On each recipient is shown the dose that you have to put , as I have seen on both containers shown that one spoon(goes with container) to 30 ml.



4. Mixing. Shake the bottle till all the formula is mixed in the water. It is important to shake it well and that won´t appear foam.

5. Verify. The temperature should be equal to body temperature, so test by dripping onto your wrist. It should not feel hot or cold.

Baby´s bottle is ready, hope your child is ready as well. Bon appetit!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment