Introducing solid food

Oct 15, 2013
Hello my dear readers,

today I want to share with you our experience with introducing solid food to our baby. From start I thought that it will be very difficult, as children on his age don´t know how to take spoon and how to mix food it in their little mouth. For my big surprise it was easier than with bottle.

In many sources I have read that it is better to introduce solid food from the sixth month, and till then just breast milk, even our pediatrician told us this. We haven´t listened to anybody, just because Damian from his 3rd month was looking greedy when I was eating something. So a few days before his 4th months birthday we decided to give him fruit porridge. He was very happy, even the fact that he was eating with spoon and not from the bottle was a big change for him.  This fruit porridge we bought in a supermarket and is special for children, so I didn´t prepare it at home.

As well I gave him cereals (corn and rice), special for 4 months baby that not contain gluten. Gluten is a protein found in wheat. It's gluten that helps to make bread dough stretchy when you're working it. Giving to baby gluten before he's six months old could increase his chance of developing coeliac disease. Coeliac disease happens when your baby's immune system mistakes gluten for something that may make him ill, such as a virus. His immune system attacks the gluten, and this can lead to his gut becoming inflamed. Be careful when you buy something for your sweety.

Just once I gave him mashed carrots and potatoes that I´ve made in home conditions.

In my case, my baby liked a lot the way of eating with spoon, and his spoons become his new toys. Eating solid food is really fun for him. At this moment I´m looking for recipes for babies, so in case that you have some, just write. I´ll be very grateful to you.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment