Childhood now and 20 years ago.

Jun 18, 2015
This post I want to dedicate to me and others mums like me, because I found out that 23h of 24h I think and talk just about my toddler. That is why today's post I want to dedicate to my childhood and my memories.
The idea came to my mind today on my class of English (yes...even now I study English.....and yes... I see that I have to learn even more). We were talking about our childhood, about our favorites toys, if we had to do chores and other things we were used to do while being kids. So, let's begin:
- childhood in a city is different to a village one
- outside activities while living in an apartment are different to those in a house with a farm
- childhood in one country is different to another and so on.



1. I used to live with my parents in a flat in a little town and during the summer I lived with my grandparents on their farm. So my toys were chickens and ducks, dogs and rabbits. My outside activities were looking after the ducks at the nearby river. My toddler would never ever know what is that and how this is used to be done.
2. My parents gave me all theirs love, read me a lot of books, but never ever tried to keep me busy as I do to my kid. If I wanted to do something extra I had to do it by myself or with my elder sister. Now I feel that my toddler is somewhere dependent of activities that I propose him to do, as he expects me to be nearby everytime or our daddy.
3. I didn't have ant toy that was the one and only...no... My toddler has 2 toys, one teddy bear and other a little dog.
4. In my childhood there were no wifi or internet connection and we spent a lot of time outside, now my toddler has wifi, but not here is the problem. The problem is his mother that somewhere she is addicted to socials, my parents prefered to spent theirs time with me to socials.
5. In a little town or in a village you are friend with everybody, every child and 20 years ago there were no differences within children and we used to make friends easier. Now I feel that my toddler finds difficult to make friends, even in the kindergarden, kids are very possesive and think that all the toys had to be theirs, so, there is no sharing feelings.
5. I used to do chores during the day and to help my mother in the apartment and my grandma at her house. I hope I will have enough pacience to educate my toddler to make chores in our flat as well.
As a conclusion, my toddler will have a great childhood and I know he will think as me now that his childhood is better that will be to his children :). How about you childhood dear mum?

No comments:

Post a Comment