Number recognition, perfect inside preschool activity for your toddler

Feb 22, 2016
My recent hobby for sewing and crochet, makes me think all day long what I can do for my toddler as well. I have already made him some toys, I mean I saw and crocheted some of his favorite characters, but this weekend I thought about doing something educational and easy to do. I saw him numbers 1 to 5 and letter A. My idea was to sew 1 to 10, without any letter, but my toddler was asking me all day long about letter A, that finally I had to sew this as well. I suppose that he had learnt it in the nursery, because we made our educational activities on letters long time ago, and I don´t think that he remembers these activities.

Our toddler knows to count from 1 to 10 in Russian, Spanish and English, and the activity that I proposed to him this weekend was mostly for recognition and not only counting them.

Apart of the numbers that I saw him, I had a preschool education book, that has a lot of images and it is just perfect to learn numbers and its recognition. I like to make printable by myself, and make educational activities on my own way, because I think it helps my toddler to develop somehow apart of what he learns in nursery. But, with all of that, this doesn´t mean that I do not like educational books, I like them, but till now I haven´t seen any that will suit to the age of my toddler. This weekend I have shown him one educational book, that was bought last summer, and that I only now find it easy to my toddler, it is colorful, has numbers, and we can make different exercises with this book. What I made, was to make a combination with my saw numbers and this book. For my surprise this activity lasted almost one hour, and my toddler really enjoyed it, we have learnt new words as well, not only number recognition. It is true, that it was enough to learn just numbers 1 to 5, as when we got to number 5 recognition, my toddler was tired and I felt that he needs another activity, like playing and not learning.

I am proud of my kid! I think that my toddler will enjoy playing with his new soft educational toys and in future. My next weekend purpose is to play with numbers 6 to 10. I really hope he will enjoy as mach as he did with 1 to 5.








No comments:

Post a Comment