Christmas activities for toddlers.

Feb 8, 2016
Quite late post on the things we have done on Christmas Day, but as I have a lot of things to share with you, and the pleasure to write another post of the day, I want to share our experience on the Montessori things we´ve done on that magic days of Christmas. I hope these ideas will be useful for you for the next year or for the future. Any comments are very welcome.

I thought about activities that would entertain my toddler and would help me to motivate him to stay away of youtube, the only thing that I am aware and I think it gets more complicated to restrict him once he grows.

The idea was to prepare: a Christmas tree, Santa Claus, a wreath and an unusual toy for Christmas tree. All these things were prepared from recicled things.

Christmas tree.

For this toy we needed: green watercolor, pompoms-little ones, and sticks of ice creams.

First step was to color into green all parts of Christmas tree. I think that my kid enjoyed this part more than any other thing of preparations.




Santa Claus

For this I needed: toilet paper, red color paper, scissors, glue, removing makeup discs, white stickers




Wreath for Christmas Tree

This was the easiest thing to do for me, and quite complicated for my toddler as this require a lot of patience.

I needed:  different colors paper, scissors and glue.





A toy for Christmas tree

I needed: pompoms, toilet paper tube, yellow color spray, glue.

Very easy thing to do for our kid, he enjoyed working with pompoms and glue.



Christmas Tree

1st Christmas Tree

I needed: colored paper, pompoms, glue, scissors


2nd Christmas Tree

I needed: paper, pompoms, glue, scissors, watercolors





As it was mentioned before all these activities are screen free activities. From my experience once the toddler grows up the task to keep him away of tv and other screen free activities is very complicated.

P.S. Be aware once you propose your toddler such activities, as I have used some dangerous utilities, and it is very important to make use of these very accurate and let your toddler to work with them less and only in your presence.

Enjoy your free time with your kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment