More fresh fruits on his diet. Healthy kids are the happiest kids, and we are the happiest parents.

May 11, 2016
It is normal, nowadays, that we are too busy to think about a diet, mostly when both parents are working all day long. But I am sure, that every mum has thought about the diet of her kid and always tried that his diet to be the best one.

Our diet has to be rich and variated. There has to be proteins, fats, sugars, minerals, water, carbonohydrates. After reading some Health reports about a rich diet I had made my appointments:

1. Do not abuse with lacteal foods.

I would say that within all of the information that I have read, this point I abused a lot till these days. As I always thought, that it is great when your kid eats and drinks lacteal foods.

Till 1 year it is ok that baby is breastfeeding or taking formula as their stomach is not prepared to eat a big variation of solid food. And milk, breastmilk or formula, replace all the ingridients that our baby need. To take into consideration that cow milk is not the best one to feed your baby till 1 year as this contains a little amount of iron. Kids eat a big amount of lacteal, this means not only milk but as well yogurts, cheese and other things made from milk. And because of that, they do not want to eat other food that it is important as well, like fruits or vegetables. So, the diet becomes poor and our toddler does not eat the necessary amount of nutrients. A lot of mums offer to their kid lacteal foods for the dessert, me too, because we think that the diet will be complete. As the result, it is better to give as a dessert a cup of fresh fruit juice or fresh fruits instead of milk. I try to do this for several days and my kid is enjoying eating fruit.

2. Eat more fresh fruits.



As mentioned in previous point, is is always great to give your kid some fresh fruits for the dessert. I give him fruit for the snack time as well and sometimes at the breakfast. I hope I am doing right. Fresh fruit contains fiber, which is great to give your kid if he suffers from constipation. Fresh fruit juice is great as well, but this doesn't contain fiber. So, you have to decide what it is better for your kid.

3. Stop giving too much cereals.

Even though, I have read different sources and in ones are written that it is great to give cereals to your kid and in others that it is not as good. The idea at the end is not abuse with them, such as with milk, it is good but in less quantities. Cereals do not have the necessary amount of nutrients and to be loved by our kids usually the companies make them with sugar, honey or chocolate. It is ok to give our kids cereals without these additives.

4.  Say NO to refreshments!

The best thing to give is pure water, as all refreshments contain a big amount of sugar. Apart of the thing that kids want to drink more and more after taking refreshments. As well kids do not want to eat after them. Try to give your toddler a cup of refreshment and then try to feed him. I am sure it will be mostly impossible.

Ex. At this point I would like to write my own experience. I gave my toddler regularly juice, not a fresh fruit juice, but one bought in the supermarket that it is easy to use and has the perfect size. After some days I have noticed that my toddler begins to eat poorer every day. I thought, ok, no problem. As I have read from various sources that sometimes kids do not have appetite and it is ok. This happened not one or two days long, but more than 2 weeks. We became affraid of this as our kid began to lose weight. Then we went to the doctor and consulted with him and the problem that we had was giving him juice whenever he required. It was difficult to leave this habbit, but now we gave him a little juice once in 2 or 3 days. So, please, do not repeat our mistake.

How about you? What do you give or restrict to your kid? Share your experience with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment