Learning shapes, montessori activity for a toddler.

Jul 15, 2016
Some weeks ago, I proposed to my toddler to learn shapes. This activity comes to my mind, once I have seen he is learning shapes at the nursery and I thought, that it is a great moment to make this task easier for me and for him by repeating these at home. As well, I was looking for some interactive video on youtube as he could make association with all the knowledge he got during few days. Looking now, I want to say that I am very proud of my son and his quick ability to recognize all the basic shapes.

Steps we took for learning shapes:

1. Nursery activities

2. Montessori games with matching shapes. (these games he used to play from 1 year)



3. Emoticon made from cut paper


4. Making crafts from shapes. In our case circles.






My toddler was very happy once he saw the usefulness of shapes and how many crafts can be done from them. Discover shapes with toddler,  it's too much fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment